Interns with special needs land jobs, thanks to Project SEARCH program

It’s graduation time, which means millions of high school graduates will begin looking for employment out in the real world. But for a handful of students with special needs, they don’t need to worry—they already have a job thanks to Project SEARCH. College Station ISD, in collaboration with Scott & White Hospital – College Station, … Continue reading Interns with special needs land jobs, thanks to Project SEARCH program

Our Children’s House employees inspired by medical missions

Two employees of Our Children’s House at Baylor in Grapevine recently traveled separately to China and Haiti on international missions, thanks to diligent fundraising and the assistance of scholarships. Through the Faith in Action Initiative (FIAI) and the Fred Roach Scholarship, Baylor employees like them are able to assist in international mission work in a variety of fields. … Continue reading Our Children’s House employees inspired by medical missions

Irving assistance dog training center announcement, graduation revisited [video]

Last month, Baylor Scott & White Health CEO Joel Allison unveiled plans to build the first Texas training center for Canine Companions for Independence, the largest non-profit provider of assistance dogs, in Irving. The new center is to be named Canine Companions for Independence at Baylor Scott & White Health – Kinkeade Campus. The announcement came during … Continue reading Irving assistance dog training center announcement, graduation revisited [video]

As a Baylor nurse, I support my Presbyterian hospital peers

This post was written by Rae Hannah, RN, who works in the Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas neurosurgery/trauma intensive care unit. She has worked for Baylor for nearly 11 years.  Earlier this month, my colleagues and I were heartbroken to learn that one of our own was now fighting for her life against the Ebola … Continue reading As a Baylor nurse, I support my Presbyterian hospital peers

Cameroon medical mission a stark change for Baylor resident

Jo Weddle, M.D., recently completed her surgical residency at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas. She is currently on a medical mission in Africa, where she is researching the impact of trauma on patients, families and physicians at Mbingo Baptist Hospital. This is one in a series of blog posts by Dr. Weddle.  After seven long … Continue reading Cameroon medical mission a stark change for Baylor resident

Meet 4 assistance dogs, their new human partners

Four assistance dogs and their new human partners graduated this morning from an intensive training program with the non-profit Canine Companions for Independence. The ceremony took place at Baylor Medical Center at Irving following an announcement of a new collaboration between Baylor Scott & White Health and Canine Companions, the largest non-profit provider of assistance dogs. … Continue reading Meet 4 assistance dogs, their new human partners

Irving assistance dog training center plans unveiled

Baylor Scott & White Health today unveiled plans to build the first training center in Texas for Canine Companions for Independence, the largest non-profit provider of assistance dogs. The collaboration was announced during an event this morning at Baylor Medical Center at Irving. The campus, to be located adjacent to Baylor Health Center at Irving-Coppell, … Continue reading Irving assistance dog training center plans unveiled