If you missed last night’s panel discussion on The Broken Hip series, we’ve got you covered. You can watch a full video of the event above and take a look at some of the Tweets below.
KERA’s Health reporter, Lauren Silverman, hosted the panel. It featured Dr. Alan Jones, the medical director of orthopaedic trauma services at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas; Janet Mariani, LMSW, Sales and Marketing with Belmont Village Senior Living; and Cheryl A. Acres RN, CCM, President of Comprehensive Care Management and Certified Geriatric Care Manager.
The event was held at the Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center at Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas.
The Broken Hip is an ongoing KERA News Breakthroughs series that explores the issues surrounding this serious medical issue. Here are some highlights from the series:
- Chapter 1 – The Fast Decline
- Chapter 2 – Caregiving From Afar
- Chapter 3 – Preventing The Fall
- Chapter 4 – Making Your Home Fall-Proof
- Chapter 5 – Slipping Through The Health Care Cracks
- Chapter 6 – How Broken Hips Are Fixed: Then and Now
- Chapter 7 – The Cost of a Broken Hip
- Chapter 8 – Healing a Broken Pelvis
- Make your bedroom fall-proof
- Additional Resources